We, Langham Hotels International Limited and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as either "we" or "Langham Group") respect the privacy of all of our guests, patrons, customers, potential customers and members, and commit to treat Personal Data (as defined below) in strictest confidence.
We know that you are concerned about how Personal Data about you is collected, used retained, and disclosed. This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") sets out our procedure and practice in connection with our collection, use, protection and disclosure of your Personal Data which you voluntarily supply to us when using our services and purchasing our products.
What is Personal Data and What Personal Data Do We Collect?
"Personal Data" is information about an identifiable individual.
When you use our services or purchase our products, you will be asked to provide your Personal Data voluntarily we need, such as :
How Do We Collect Personal Data?
- Company name;
- Personal Identification data, e.g. personal identity document number or passport number;
- Age/Date of birth;
- Postal address;
- E-mail address;
- Contact number;
- Fax number;
- Personal financial information;
- Frequent flyer, travel carrier or travel partner information;
- Credit card information including name of cardholder, credit card number, credit card billing address, expiry date and authentication code;
- Lifestyle information such as room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys and other information necessary to let us provide quality service to you and to fulfill special requests from you; and
- Any other information that is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement.
We collect your Personal Data when you use our services and purchase our products, including :
Why Do We Collect Personal Data and How Do We Use and Disclose It?
- making a booking of any service, facility, food and beverage outlet with any of our hotels through any reservation channel;
- checking-in at front desk or booked venues;
- joining our loyalty program membership;
- subscribing to our newsletter or requesting our brochure;
- submitting any enquiries and feedback forms to us;
- responding to different types of communications (e.g. surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations); or
- submitting a job application.
The Personal Data you provide to us will be used by us for:
- Providing services such as processing a transaction (e.g. making a reservation, confirming you your reservation; fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order);
- Sending you updates on our latest promotions and offers which may be of interest to you, including promotions from our group companies or our business partners;
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our website, your hotel experience, our various types of communications advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities;
- For security purposes, such as identification and verification;
We shall not share, transfer or disclose your Personal Data to any third party for marketing purposes. However, we may share your Personal Data with our affiliate companies of Langham Group for communicating the latest marketing and promotional information purpose. We may also transfer or disclose your Personal Data to our business partners, such as fulfilment house, printer, e-mail service providers ("Third Party Service Providers") for the purpose of processing your Personal Data, mailing or distributing of our and group companies' promotional and marketing materials. Such Third Party Service Providers shall be contractually bound by our confidentiality obligation when processing your Personal Data and shall be prohibited from using your Personal Data for direct marketing purpose.
Data Security and Retention
We safeguard the privacy and security of Personal Data of our every guest, patron, customer, potential customer and member.
To maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data and prevent unauthorised access to, and ensure the correct use of your Personal Data, we use appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your Personal Data we collected from you.
The website has a firewall in place, which is devised and set up to protect the Personal Data collected from you against unauthorised or accidental access. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the internet, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You are reminded that Personal Data is disclosed at your own risk, and may be subject to unauthorised use by others. This may result in you receiving unsolicited messages from other parties. You may suffer for loss or damage, howsoever caused arising out of the communication of your Personal Data.
Since laws applicable to personal data protection varies in different countries, as a global business organisation we may implement different measures to meet with the applicable legal requirements.
To enhance your experience on our website, some of our web pages may use "cookies." Cookies are text files that we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other Personal Data unless you choose to provide your Personal Data to us. However, once you choose to provide us with your Personal Data, such Personal Data may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Links to Other Sites
In order to anticipate your needs, we provide links to other websites for your interests and information. We shall not be responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained on any independent websites, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while we shall protect your Personal Data on our owned and operated websites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by other third party business partners of us, service providers or websites not controlled or owned by us. Please refer to the separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures of such third party websites that are accessed through links on our websites have. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. For the sake of protecting your personal data, we strongly recommend you to contact them to understand their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We also strongly recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store of personal information.
You always have the ability to choose what marketing and promotional information you would like to receive from us. We will send you marketing information or updates about our latest products and services, as well as special offers that may be of interest to you. Should you decide not to receive any marketing information or updates from us, feel free to unsubscribe from such communications by using the unsubscribe mechanism included at the bottom of the e-mails that we sent to you/we provide in our marketing materials, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, to remove you from the subscription list. If you have any queries, concerns, comments or want to receive more information in connection with our personal data privacy and security matters, please feel free to contact us by using the contact information set out below:
Langham Hotels International Limited
2701 Great Eagle Centre
23 Harbour Road
Tel : +852 2186-2574
Fax : +852 2186-2300
Email : email@example.com
Your Personal Data will be kept by us and group companies for the period legally permissible.
The Privacy Statement is prepared in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong") and any applicable local laws. In addition to our rights of disclosure as mentioned hereinabove, as a global business organisation, we may also disclose your Personal Data when required by law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities, or in the good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect the rights or properties of us. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing your Personal Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
Access to your Personal Data
We do not routinely update your Personal Data, unless it is necessary for us to do so to fulfill the purposes for which your Personal Data has been collected, so please let us know if your Personal Data has changed. Please write to or email our Privacy Officer to request access to the Personal Data that we have collected about you using the contact information listed above.
You are also entitled to:
Amendments or Updates to the Privacy Statement
- ascertain from us whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- if any held by us, request access to your Personal Data -
- within a reasonable time,
- at a reasonable fee to be charged by us,
- in a reasonable manner, and
- in an intelligible form;
- be given reason(s) if your request in (b) above is refused by us;
- object to our refusal referred to in (c) above;
- request the correction of any of your Personal Data, if any held by us;
- be given reason(s) if your request in (e) above is refused by us; and
- object to our refusal referred to in (f) above.
This Privacy Statement will be revised, amended or updated by us from time to time. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted to this website and date stamped as its effective date ("Effective Date") so that you are always aware of when the Privacy Statement was last updated. Please check our website from time to time for any amendments. By continuing to access and use our website, you agree and accept the terms of the Privacy Statement, as amended.
Your using of this website or our service after such Effective Date will be treated as your acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement; however, we shall not use your Personal Data unless we have your consent to any changes on our use of your Personal Data after the Effective Date.
As an international business organisation, we may transfer your Personal Data to other group companies or Third Party Service Providers overseas. We shall use our endeavours to ensure your Personal Data is properly protected and prudently handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement and local applicable laws.
This Privacy Statement is written in English and translated Chinese. In the event of discrepancies between the two versions, the English version shall prevail.